Adapt to the Future
Remember when our parents told us not to speak to strangers, not to get into a stranger’s car, and not to be lured into a stranger’s home! Is that not exactly what we do today? We find a stranger on the internet, ask him for a lift, climb in his car and he drives us to a stranger’s house, where we book in and sleep peacefully.
Peter Drucker said that trying to predict the future is like trying to drive down a country road at night with no lights, looking out the rear view mirror! And David Rose, (Singularity university), “Any organisation or company designed for success in the 20th Century is doomed to failure in the 21st Century. Salim Ismail said that the average Company lifespan has reduced from 60 years to 15 years.
We know that we are going to have to deal with five generations working together, as well as the technology advances in AI, robotics, 3d printing, sharing economy, maker economy.
On top of this, we no longer have a predictable competitor! Threats could come from outside our town, another country, or any industry. A 16 year old in Mexico sitting in his parents basement in his pj’s could be developing a new app right now which can disrupt your business. There are millions of digital natives coming online, each with a potential new innovation.
So how do we solve this?
According to Jeff Bezos: If we manage to truly obsess about our Customer, and keep listening, they will pull us into the future.
Remember Moore’s law. Not only is tech moving exponentially, we continuously need to adapt… faster and faster and faster. Digital Transformation is a journey, not a destination.
Every staff member must have a Customer obsession, every action must have a customer focus, every person must understand their personal impact on the customer experience…
To achieve this, we need:
- People – innovative, think on their feet, and willing to collaborate
- The organisation – Agile, Adaptable and Responsive
- Lastly, the organisation must be Trustworthy! Its about Ethics and human respect
Think about what Artificial Intelligence is already doing for you. How many times today have you interacted with AI without even thinking about it? How can you leverage off this, machine learning, analytics, cloud, Internet of things, platforms, etc etc etc?
Never stop imagining.
Never stop creating.
Never stop experimenting.
Once you have the basics in place (innovation, agility, collaboration & trust), you can work on:
- work environment where highly talented, innovative people have fun, experiment and collaborate.
- You have a leadership team ready to take on Digital Challenges.
- You have robust and resilient processes which allow you to turn on a dime.
- You have a culture of Fail-Fast and each person has an in-depth understanding of the impact they have on the customer experience.
- Now you are ready and open to levering off technology to explore new value propositions… new products… new markets…
What do we offer you?
We have an absolute passion for preparing you… helping you adapt to the future… We are a hands-on, practical implementation partner who will help you with:
- Planning your next steps
- Facilitating your new business models,
- Full Digital Transformation Strategies and Planning
- Looking for digital opportunities – Use of technologies. (bots, platforms)
- Preparing your teams through training and change interventions, (EQ, SQ, DQ, CQ, Innovation)
- be compliant to the latest legislation (POPI, Cyber, ECT),
- to digitise your organisation
- ECM, eg.: Document Management, Customer Communication
- Implement transformation through Agile project & programme management
Our closing take home this core message:
- Become obsessed with your customer
- Agility means survival
- Digital Transformation has not happened until your people are transitioned
- Fail fast, adapt and move on – a fully iterative business
What do we want? We position ourselves between the supplier and the client – product agnostic. We are trusted by our customers, and we get all our business from referrals – that says something. We collaborate and partner with both business and only the best suppliers. We will help you make the right decisions at the right time, for the right reasons. We ask the right questions to help you frame your problems and achieve your goals. We practice what we preach.
“If you don’t like change, you’re going to like irrelevance even less”
General Erick Shinseki