As leaders of organisations or divisions, our minds are often consumed with thoughts, concerns and worries over our company, what the future holds for the organization, for our teams and for ourselves.
Are these worries keeping you up at night?
Everything is moving faster:
- you struggle to keep up with your customer demands,
- you are being outpaced by your competitors,
- you are losing talent or not attracting the right people,
- your products are slow to market, organizational responsiveness to threats, and
- you are losing market-share
Everything is changing:
- technology is changing,
- cyber threats are changing,
- customer expectations are changing,
- staff expectations are changing,
- competitors are changing,
- the rules are changing,
- around every corner, someone can take a small portion of your business and do it better.
And just when you think you have a grip on something… it changes! So how are we even meant to keep up?
Are you trying to solve this with point solutions?
Some leaders are under the impression that technology shifts like “moving to the cloud” is enough, and that the company safety and survival is guaranteed…
These leaders seek comfort from a baby step of change, while the floor beneath their feet is changing in leaps and bounds. We need to always bear in mind that technology doesn’t solve your problems, it is just an enabler in doing so, and more dangerous yet, these help treat the symptom but not the reason behind your challenges – giving a false sense of security.
You need a ‘Reboot’
Let’s look at the predicted numbers:
- More than 75 % of businesses expect to be competing in a new segment of business in the next three years – Accenture
- Digital Transformation is expected to boost the bottom line of companies by 50 % over the next 5 years – McKinsey
- 74 % of CEOs are concerned about new entrants disrupting business models – KPMG
- Over 50 % of executives and 10 out of 13 industries anticipate massive digital disruption in their industry over the next 12 months – HBR
- 54 % of executives believes that their biggest future competition will be from other industries. Only 29 % believe it will be from their same industry – IBM
- 86 % of organisations say that digital business has prompted them to enter or consider entering a new market – Accenture
- According to the CIO Report, the number 1 challenge of digital transformation is developing new business models to cope with increased connectivity and engagement.
- 67 % of executives believe that digital transformation is a matter of survival for their business – CapGemini
- “Digital” is the main reason why half the companies have disappeared from the Fortune 500 since 2000 – Accenture
- 44 % of executives say know how digital technologies can impact current business processes/models is the biggest missing organizational skill – MIT Sloan
Want to sleep better at night?
We recommend you speak to a Metatrans expert, who will help you gain a holistic view on how to best take your company forward. Change must start with you, at the top, and permeate structure, culture and strategy. Once you have these clarified, we can help you with process improvement and robotic process automation to help free up your valuable resources.